VENICE, Fla. — UPDATE: Divers with the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office and North Port Police Department found a green Nissan Xterra submerged in a large pond in the Toscana Isles subdivision in North Venice, located close to Knights Trail.
Divers found a dead woman inside the SUV and believe it is 44-year-old Tracey Lynn Rieker, who's been missing since Sept. 30.
Her family has been notified, Venice police say. Authorities are still in the process of recovering the SUV from the pond.
The case is currently being treated as a traffic homicide. A cause of death is still being determined.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
Police are asking for the public's help to find a missing woman.
Tracey Lynn Rieker left home Wednesday, Sept. 30, and hasn't been seen nor heard from since, according to Venice police. They say she is known to visit area beaches to talk with people about God.
Police added she visited Lido Beach and Bradenton Beach a couple of days prior and is known to visit the North Port area.
On Friday, police say they found tire tracks leading to a body of water around an area community that they are actively investigating at this time.
The Reiker family has accepted donations of both search and rescue dogs, and a scuba search that they plan to use this weekend.
Rieker is 5-feet, 4-inches tall, weighs 120 pounds and has blonde hair and brown eyes. She drives a green Nissan Xterra with Florida tag PO8116.
Anyone with information about where Rieker might be is asked to call police at 941-486-2444 and reference case No. 20-1562.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Going well, I think': Trump, doctor send updates from hospital after COVID-19 diagnosis
- 5 questions answered following President Trump, Melania COVID-19 diagnosis
- Tampa International Airport CEO tests positive for COVID-19
- Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg will allow fans for October races
- Here's how to find your ballot drop-off location
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
- Tropical Storm Gamma a little stronger as it nears Yucatan Peninsula
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter