TAMPA, Fla. — Sickles High School was temporarily evacuated while firefighters battled a house fire Thursday in northwest Hillsborough County.
The burning home was located behind the school's campus on the edge of a small pond -- off Hixson Road near Sheldon Road. Students were evacuated to a parking lot on the far side of the school, away from the billowing smoke.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue officials said no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear.
A Hillsborough County sheriff's deputy was the first emergency responder on the scene of the house fire. Dep. Rizer was in the middle of a traffic stop when he was alerted to the burning home and raced to make sure there were no victims trapped inside. As of late Thursday morning, everyone appeared to be safe.
What others are reading right now:
► Florida man's genealogy hobby helped catch the Golden State Killer
► Born before 1989? You may need another dose of the measles vaccine
► Woman with unique face tattoos gets arrested -- again
► Avengers: Endgame: When you should take a bathroom break
► Kit Kat to launch mint, dark chocolate candy bars