ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Police are investigating a deadly single-car crash that happened Tuesday in St. Petersburg.
Investigators say a 58-year-old woman was driving a silver Lexus sedan north on Pasadena Avenue when she tried to merge onto 66th Street. According to authorities, she lost control, hit a guardrail, crossed the median and hit a tree – flipping the car near 5th Avenue North. The woman was taken to the hospital but did not survive.
Her only passenger, an 85-year-old woman, was also taken to the hospital, where she is being treated for life-threatening injuries.
What other people are reading right now:
- Pinellas, Hillsborough counties report record-breaking first day of early in-person voting
- Watch parties: How to celebrate the Rays across Tampa Bay
- Welcome to 'Champa' Bay: Can the Rays, Bucs keep the streak going?
- 7.5 magnitude earthquake hits Alaska, no word any tsunami threat for Washington
- Polls suggest Biden, Trump neck and neck in Florida
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter