TAMPA, Fla. — As Hurricane Sally slowly makes landfall Wednesday morning, more than three-dozen first responders from across the Tampa Bay area are in Tallahassee getting ready to respond.
The Hillsborough County Fire Rescue shared images on social media of several different teams getting ready to respond.
The department is a part of Task Force 3, meaning it will rescue and help people stranded in flood waters from the storm.
Fire Rescue says about 40 people, 20 specialized vehicles, and seven boats are staging in Tallahassee from Hillsborough County, Tampa and St. Pete fire departments.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hurricane Sally slows to a crawl, with flash flooding likely along northern Gulf Coast
- Florida approved to pay out fourth week of federal unemployment benefits
- Missing Child Alert issued for 11-year-old Tampa girl
- 'I didn't want to hurt anybody' | Video shows man with Trump flag drive through crowd of protesters
- 4 organized systems, 3 tropical disturbances: Atlantic hurricane season stays busy
- Biden seeks to woo Latinos in 1st trip to Florida as nominee
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter