TAMPA, Fla. — The Mayor's River O'Green Fest has been canceled in Tampa amid efforts to limit the spread of the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
The ninth annual event was scheduled to be held on March 14 at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park.
Each year, the Hillsborough River gets transformed into a bright shade of green and provides a backdrop for the live entertainment and activities to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
The St. Patrick's Day parade has also been canceled by the city.
- Farnell Middle School closed for 48 hours after someone was exposed to coronavirus
- Your upcoming Princess Cruise was just canceled. Here's what you can do
- Catholic Diocese of St. Petersburg suspends shaking of hands, serving of blessed or consecrated wine
- NBA suspending season over coronavirus concerns
- Coronavirus in Florida: Latest updates
- State Department advises all US citizens to 'reconsider travel abroad' due to virus pandemic
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
- COVID-19 preps: Why are people stocking up on toilet paper?
FREE 10NEWS APP: