TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa International Airport CEO Joe Lopano has tested positive for coronavirus, along with VP of Communications Veronica Cintron, the airport announced Friday.
The airport says after receiving the positive results, the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority started contacting all employees and people who have been in recent contact with Lopano or Cintron and directed them to the airport's rapid on-site testing location.
So far, all who have been tested have received negative results, TPA reports.
TPA says both Lopano and Cintron are "doing well." Lopano is not experiencing symptoms and Cintron is feeling "mild" symptoms of the virus. Both are in quarantine.
Earlier this week, TPA held a public event to announce its partnership with BayCare for a rapid antigen and PCR COVID-19 testing site at the airport. Face masks and social distancing were mandatory at the event and other events help at the airport this week, TPA says.
The Authority says it is offering free rapid testing at the airport this weekend for all employees and their immediate family.
What other people are reading right now:
- President Trump going to military hospital after COVID-19 diagnosis
- 5 questions answered following President Trump, Melania COVID-19 diagnosis
- Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg will allow fans for October races
- Here's how to find your ballot drop-off location
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
- Tropical Depression 25 forms in the Caribbean
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter