NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol is searching for a driver who fatally struck a pedestrian and drove away.
Authorities say a 40-year-old Tampa man was crossing a highway in Pasco County early Sunday when he was hit by the vehicle. Investigators recovered pieces of a chrome bumper at the scene, leading them to believe the driver was in a large pickup truck.
Investigators also found a bleach bucket and towel at the scene, and say the driver might work for a pool maintenance company.
The victim died at the scene of the crash. The department didn't release the victim's name pending notification of his family.
What other people are reading right now:
- FAA revokes license of Florida company that repaired 737 Max sensor
- Depression forms under family's home in Lutz, forcing them to get out
- 'You never know what's going to happen' | Michigan family surprised when satellite crashes onto their property
- FBI investigating Hillsborough County Commissioner Ken Hagan
- She texted her dad's number on the 4th anniversary of his death. This year, she got a reply.
FREE 10NEWS APP: