CLEARWATER, Fla. — Several Pinellas County breweries have teamed up to help Habitat for Humanity by doing what they do best: brewing beer.
The goal is to raise $50,000, through sales for Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County.
Since 1985, Habitat for Humanity has used locally raised funds to construct over 500 homes for families in Pinellas. Volunteers along with future homeowners, build the non-profit homes that are sold with a zero-interest loan.
"I think everyone likes to drink beer, and everyone likes helping people," Co-owner of Big Storm Brewing, L.G. Govoni said. "So it's kind of a natural marriage of the two, when you can pull that off."
Just over 30 kegs of 'The House that Beer Built' was brewed. You can find the specially-brewed beer at Dissent Craft brewing, Flying Boat Brewing Co. and Big Storm Brewing Co.
What other people are reading right now:
- Driver plows into family of 8, then backs up and hits them again, police say
- Pornography, racism and threats of missile attack fill Tampa mayor's Twitter feed during hack
- Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim hits, kills man walking on interstate
- US says Alabama woman who joined ISIS can't return
- Father grieves after teen son was shot and killed at park
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.