CLEARWATER, Fla. — A teenager was rushed to the hospital after he was hit by a train Thursday afternoon in Clearwater.
According to FHP, it happened at 4:12 p.m. on the railroad tracks adjacent to SR-590 and McMullen Booth Road.
A 16-year-old from Clearwater was walking on the tracks and did not see the oncoming CSX freight train, troopers say. The train hit him.
FHP says the teen suffered serious injuries and was airlifted to a nearby hospital.
What other people are reading right now:
- Parts of Tampa Bay area coastline under beach hazard statement due to red tide
- How much is an Olympic gold medal worth? A lot less than you think
- Gov. DeSantis jokes about CDC's mask guidance in front of lawmakers, activists in Salt Lake City
- Clearwater's own Bobby Finke wins Olympic gold in 800-meter freestyle
- Lightning's national anthem singer moves to ICU days after COVID-19 hospitalization, husband says
- Here are the school supplies included in Florida's tax-free holiday
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter