CLEARWATER, Fla. — An act of kindness by two Clearwater police officers is drawing praise on social media.
On Monday evening, Officers Kyle Bingham and Michael Buis were in the Clearwater Mall area when they came across a homeless man whose pants were badly ripped. So, they took him to Ross and bought him a new $19.25 pair of dress pants.
"It was a small price to pay and an easy solution to the problem," Officer Bingham said.
A local woman saw it happening and posted about it on Facebook. The police department saw her message and thanked the officers for making a difference in their community.
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant, poll finds
- Mom charged with homicide nearly a decade after 4-year-old girl's death
- New Jersey man found dead in the Dominican Republic; 9th American tourist to die in country
- Hernando County pizza restaurant customers may have been exposed to hepatitis A
- Acting defense secretary explains why he withdrew from leading Pentagon
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.