HAINES CITY, Fla — Update: The Haines City Police Department says the construction worker who was badly injured Friday morning has died from his injuries. His name was Martin Loera, and he was 49 years old. Loera lived in Bartow.
Original story below:
A construction worker was rushed to the hospital on Friday, after being injured on the job in Haines City.
Police say a concrete wall collapsed on top of him, and he was trapped under concrete blocks near Davenport Boulevard and U.S. 27
The worker was freed and taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center.
There is no word on his condition.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man beats roomate with baseball bat causing brain injury
- Tampa police trying to identify man who broke into guest house
- Woman pleads guilty to poisoning husband with eye drops
- Restaurant Red Alert: Beach bar owner blames rat problem on neighboring construction site
- Giants make Alyssa Nakken first female major league coach
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower