TAMPA, Fla. — We are all really missing the thrill of going to the movies, and around the country, people are looking to the last remaining drive-in theaters for some socially-distanced entertainment.
The latest business to offer that drive-in experience is none other than Walmart, which is turning its parking lots into drive-ins. Those pop-up drive-ins are coming to a dozen Walmart stores in the Tampa Bay area Aug. 14 through Oct. 21.
The Walmart store on Bruce B. Downs Boulevard will show "Spider-Man" on Sept. 15, followed by "Spy Kids" on Sept. 16. Tickets and more viewing information is available at walmartdrive-in.com as they are announced.
The company said you'll get to see these movies play in Walmart parking lots:
- Wonder Woman
- Spy Kids
- Space Jam
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Ghostbusters (1984)
- The Wizard of Oz
- Black Panther
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- Friday Night Lights
Walmart said the availability of movies is subject to change, and in a release noted other movies that could play at the drive-ins.
Here's what Tampa Bay area stores will have pop-up drive-in theaters:
- Pinellas Park
- Wesley Chapel
- Winter Haven
- Spring Hill
Elsewhere in Florida, drive-ins will come to Walmart stores in Miami, Pembroke Pines and Avon Park.
- Court hearing for Tampa teen accused of being 'mastermind' behind Twitter hack gets interrupted by porn
- Vice President Pence brings 'Faith in America' tour to Clearwater
- Florida's largest teachers' union gets emergency hearing in lawsuit to stop schools from reopening
- Hillsborough County votes to dissolve its emergency policy group
- Another 247 people in Florida have died from COVID-19
- Lebanese confront devastation after massive Beirut explosion
- Early voting begins across Tampa Bay this week
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter