SARASOTA, Fla. — A woman fought off an attacker after she left a fitness center, and deputies are looking for a suspect, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office said.
According to deputies, the victim, a 39-year-old woman, was leaving the fitness center at ARIUM on Palmer Ranch apartments early Tuesday when the male suspect grabbed her from behind and pulled her back to the facility.
The victim resisted, and they both fell to the ground before the suspect ran off.
The victim suffered minor injuries.
The attacker may have suffered injuries to his face and hands. There is no description of the suspect other than he was wearing a blue hoodie.
Surveillance video shows a person possibly looking through a window while the victim was exercising.
No similar incidents have been reported in the area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Criminal Investigations Section at (941) 861-4317 or Crime Stoppers of Sarasota by dialing 941.366.TIPS, submitting a tip online or through the Sarasota Crime Stoppers P3 Tips mobile app.
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly naked Florida man rides bike backward on I-95 in Miami
- Bills would offer driver's licenses to immigrants living in the U.S. illegally
- Ex-officer said she was having sex while child was dying in hot patrol car
- Man raped, murdered and dismembered his girlfriend's daughter
- Earn $1,000 for binge-watching 20 Marvel movies back-to-back
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.