It's a Tampa's woman lucky day.
Shirley Mapp, 49, recently claimed a $1 million prize after playing the $5,000,000 "Gold Rush Classic" scratch-off game. Mapp chose to collect her winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of $710,000.
She purchased her ticket from David and Hana Community Market, located at 3320 East Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa. The business will receive a $2,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket.
The scratch-off game was launched in October 2018 and costs $20 a ticket.
What other people are reading right now:
- Here's what you need to know about the Selmon Extension ahead of today's opening
- Widespread rain and showers throughout Tampa Bay
- NASA shares images of first controlled flight on Mars
- 'You are going to have to shoot me' | Man dead following officer-involved shooting in Winter Haven
- Derek Chauvin trial: After closing arguments, jury deliberation begins Monday
- FedEx donates $1 million to victims, survivors of FedEx mass shooting
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter