ORLANDO, Fla. — Orlando Magic co-founder Pat Williams wants to bring Major League Baseball to central Florida.
Williams made the announcement Wednesday morning in Orlando.
“There’s hockey right down the road in Tampa. And they’re fine. They can have hockey," said Williams referring to the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Williams said a name for the potential team is Orlando Dreamers.
When asked by a reporter if he had it in him to do this 33 years after founding the Magi he said, “I’m 79. I’ll be 80 in May. I do have the energy to do this”
The Tampa Bay Rays Organizations said "We are proud of our strong fan support in Orlando, and we’re pleased to see their enthusiasm about Major League Baseball.”
What other people are reading right now:
- Ambassador Gordon Sondland faces impeachment hearing
- 145 coffins found at Tampa high school, part of erased African American cemetery
- Amazon chooses Auburndale for new distribution center
- Car crashes into Lakeland home daycare, 3 children flown to hospitals
- 'Unicorn meteor storm' to be triggered by mysterious comet Thursday night
- Hepatitis A case reported at Sarasota P.F. Chang's
FREE 10NEWS APP: