ORANGE CITY, Fla. —
Animal experts in Volusia County are trying to help a manatee that got stuck in a tire.
Right now, the sea cow is swimming in the water at Blue Spring State Park.
Crews with Florida Fish and Wildlife, SeaWorld and Save the Manatee Club are working together to capture the animal and safely remove the tire. Once safely captured, the manatee is going to be taken to SeaWorld to undergo treatment, according to CBS affiliate WKMG.
Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Famous dolphin reunited with fisherman who rescued her 14 years ago
- Boat Graveyard: More boats are moving out of the Bay after 10News' investigation
- Warrant: Child soiled pants, teacher made him sit in it for two hours to 'prove a point'
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
- Free flu shots for Hillsborough County students
FREE 10NEWS APP: