COCONUT CREEK, Fla. — A survivor of the 2018 Valentine’s Day shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School has died by suicide, CBS News confirms.
Sydney Aiello, a former student, passed away on Sunday, according to police in Coconut Creek, Florida.
She was 19 years old.
Aiello was friends with Meadow Pollack, who was among the 17 people killed on Feb. 14, 2018.
She leaves behind her parents Cara and Joe, and her brother Nick, according to a GoFundMe page.
"She lit up every room she entered," the page said. "She filled her days cheerleading, doing yoga, and brightening up the days of others. Sydney aspired to work in the medical field helping others in need."
A fundraising website has raised more than $4,200 in memory of Aiello.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly naked Florida man rides bike backward on I-95 in Miami
- Bills would offer driver's licenses to immigrants living in the U.S. illegally
- Ex-officer said she was having sex while child was dying in hot patrol car
- Man raped, murdered and dismembered his girlfriend's daughter
- Earn $1,000 for binge-watching 20 Marvel movies back-to-back
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.