VERO BEACH, Fla. — More than 100 men are being sought in a major human trafficking operation, law enforcement officials in Florida said Thursday.
Vero Beach police and Indian River County deputies released photos of 165 men wanted on charges of soliciting prostitution at massage parlors in Sebastian, Winter Park and Orlando.
At least two victims have been identified.
Among the suspects are small business owners, religious leaders, fathers, uncles, and former law enforcement, police said, according to CBS 12. They range in age from 19 to 84 and are from as far away as Rhode Island, Colorado and Canada.
Eight people were charged with running the operation.
What other people are reading right now:
- With 2 shots from her pistol, and prayer, 79-year-old woman holds off burglar
- Woman claims a sex-trafficker picked her up. Police say it was a mix-up.
- Pornography, racism and threats of missile attack fill Tampa mayor's Twitter account during hack
- Florida mayor arrested after shooting at deputies, accused of practicing medicine without license
- Driver plows into family of 8, then backs up and hits them again, police say
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.