HURON COUNTY, Ohio — A 7th grader in northern Ohio is receiving praise for an act of charity.
According to a Facebook post by Western Reserve Schools, Diesel Pippert donated all of his livestock premiums at the Huron County Fair to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
That amount ended up being $15,000.
“His donation of $15,000 will help to find cures for young children and save lives,” the school district said Saturday.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital works to advance cures and ways to prevent pediatric diseases, including cancer.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man tells investigators his pickup matches deadly hit-and-run description
- 50 firefighters, 11 boats assisting in search for 2 firefighters in Port Canaveral area
- Wife of missing Florida firefighter says she is staying strong
- NFL running back Cedric Benson killed in motorcycle crash
- Timeline: Michael Drejka’s trial to start in deadly shooting of Markeis McGlockton
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.