STATESVILLE, N.C. — Officials in a North Carolina town are asking a judge to force a business to take down a giant American flag.
WBTV reports the flag that flies over Garner RV and Camping World is 40 feet by 80 feet.
Statesville city codes cap the size of flags at 25 feet by 40 feet.
Three years ago, the business asked for a variance in the codes but was refused.
The business was told in September the flag had to go, but the banner remained. In October, the city filed a citation with $50 a day fines.
Camping World posted a message on its Facebook page saying it would not remove the flag.
"This is about more than just the flag," the message said. "This is about our Veterans, Military, and the men and women that have sacrificed for this great country.
"They are the reason we fly the flag and they are the reason we will NOT take it down!"
What other people are reading right now:
- 154 people arrested in human trafficking, prostitution sting in Polk County
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
- Walmart clerks accused of marking down video games to $1 in $5,000 fraud scheme
- Man steals $700 from daughter's Girl Scout cookie jar to pay for erotic massage
- 3-year-old dies after 'heinous' sexual abuse, police say