NEW YORK — Harvey Weinstein has been convicted at his New York City sexual assault trial.
The jury found him guilty of criminal sexual act and third-degree rape.
Weinstein was found not guilty of first-degree rape and predatory sexual assault.
The landmark reckoning for the former movie producer comes after years of whispers exploded into a torrent of sexual misconduct allegations that ended his reign in Hollywood and gave rise to the #MeToo movement.
The jury’s verdict followed three weeks of testimony that included harrowing accounts of rapes, forced oral sex, groping, masturbation, lewd propositions and casting-couch excuses from Weinstein.
What other people are reading right now:
- Kobe, Gianna Bryant honored with public memorial Monday
- Vanessa Bryant files wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of third-degree rape
- NASA pioneer Katherine Johnson – 'the human computer' – dies at 101
- 'They will run them': Neighbors look for changes at flashing crosswalks after injuries
- Custom casket made for Utah police K-9 killed in line of duty
- Skyway 10K guide: Everything you need to know to race
FREE 10NEWS APP: