SUMMERFIELD, Fla. — Florida authorities have recovered a hot air balloon stolen from its owner in Indiana.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office got a tip Saturday from police in Bloomington, Indiana, that the stolen balloon had been spotted at The Villages Hot Air Balloon Festival.
That tip wasn't full of hot air. In a Facebook post, the sheriff's office said deputies found the multicolored balloon with a grid pattern while checking other balloons participating in the three-day event in Summerfield.
The sheriff's office said the owner did not want to press charges and just wanted his balloon back.
A tow company was called to pick up the balloon so that it could be returned to its owner.
The sheriff's office said it was the first balloon investigation in the agency's 175-year history.
What other people are reading right now:
- More passengers lifted off Norway cruise ship before towing
- Google 'Florida man' followed by your birthday: What's your story?
- Powerball jackpot to $750 million after no winner Saturday
- Florida couple forgot they left their toddler at the park for hours: deputies
- 2nd Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivor dies by suicide, newspaper reports
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.