EAST DEER TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Ebenezer Scrooge's real name may be Clayton Lucas, and he may live in Pennsylvania.
According to WTAE-TV, a man was driving Lucas from a halfway house to a treatment class when state police say the driver began singing Christmas songs.
CBS Pittsburgh reports that made Lucas so mad that he reached around the front seat of the minivan and began choking the driver.
A trooper found the duo on the side of a road in Allegheny County; but when he tried to put Lucas in handcuffs, authorities say Lucas didn't listen. Finally, CBS Pittsburgh says the trooper had to sweep Lucas' legs out from under him to get control of the situation.
Investigators say the victim's neck was red, and his eyes were reportedly bloodshot.
Lucas was charged with aggravated assault and other crimes, according to WTAE.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Kids drown after being left in locked car while mom ran into a store
- Florida woman accused of killing 11-year-old to keep her from having sex
- Florida man accused of 'intentionally' pressure washing his neighbor
- VIDEO: Horse seen in bed of a pick-up truck traveling on the highway
- Man nearly swallowed by whale lives to tell the tale
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.