NORTH BEND, Wash. — It was a busy Friday evening at a movie theater in North Bend, Washington. Hundreds of families were spending part of their holiday weekend watching Frozen 2 while escaping the cold weather outside. Then suddenly, the movie shut off, the lights came on – and they were told to evacuate.
Firefighters say the theater’s manager called 911 after finding a package with containers of liquid marked “highly contagious human substance.”
According to the Seattle Times, the box was filled with urine samples.
Hazmat crews shut down the surrounding streets for more than an hour, and the manager was sent to the hospital as a precaution. KOMO reports the package was supposed to be delivered to a medical clinic more than 40 miles away. So far, there is no explanation for the scary mix-up.
What other people are reading right now:
- Sheriff: 137 pounds of meth, 5 kilos of heroin seized in Polk County drug bust
- Cyber Monday deals around Tampa Bay
- Man reunited with cat he lost at truck stop back in July
- Mars at sunrise: Curiosity rover snaps photo of Red Planet at dawn
- 'It's scary': Parents shocked after strangers trying to lure kids
- Women accused of stealing elderly lady's credit cards, smiling on $5K shopping spree
FREE 10NEWS APP: