RENO, Nev. — A pigeon wearing a tiny sombrero has been seen in Reno, Nevada, following sightings of its cowboy hat-wearing cousins in Las Vegas.
KOLO-TV reports that Reno City Manager Sabra Newby tweeted about the bird Wednesday saying it's quirky and fun but still inhumane.
Washoe County Animal Services said it is the first known sighting of hat-wearing birds in the region. Animal officials say the sighting comes after a pigeon in Las Vegas with a miniature cowboy hat glued to its head died earlier this week.
It's unclear who put the hat on the bird, but authorities ask anyone who sees the pigeon to call animal services.
What other people are reading right now:
- Wall collapse at construction site in Haines City kills worker
- Police caution about 'highly addictive substance': Girl Scout cookies
- 'Baby Yoda' dog looking for a forever home
- Woman pleads guilty to poisoning husband with eye drops
- Police need your help identifying man who broke in, stayed in guest house overnight
- Trump administration proposes rollback of Michelle Obama school lunch guidelines
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower