SEATTLE — A newly-tested rape kit linked a registered sex offender living in Florida to the 2006 rape of a 12-year-old girl in Seattle.
Court documents show 43-year-old Robert Childs Jr. was arrested Thursday and charged with second-degree rape of a child.
It's unclear if he has an attorney.
He's expected to be extradited back to Seattle.
The girl had run away from home and encountered Childs at a parade in July 2006.
Authorities say she asked to use his cell phone to call her mom and he pulled her into an ally where he raped her.
She reported the attack and her injuries were documented with a rape kit, which wasn't tested until 2018 and provided the match to Childs' DNA.
Childs was previously convicted of other sexual assault crimes.
What other people are reading right now:
- You can eat and sleep at the original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' gas station
- Teenager mugged, beaten walking home from school
- Port Richey mayor accused of shooting at deputies resigns, official says
- Student pilot walks away from plane crash that killed instructor
- Are you legally required to show your receipt when leaving a Walmart? | VERIFY
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.