LUBBOCK COUNTY, Texas — It started with a two-car crash on a foggy highway in West Texas.
Everything seemed to be under control.
Highway Patrol was investigating, and a news crew was recording the aftermath.
Then – a semi-truck came out of nowhere.
The driver swerved to avoid the cars that were stopped in the middle of the road -- but lost control. The truck jack-knifed, flipped onto its side and skidded into the grass.
KCBD reports a state trooper was hit, and another driver was pinned inside a pickup. Both were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive. The driver of the semi had to be pulled out. He suffered serious injuries.
KXAN says Highway 84 in Lubbock County was shut down in both directions.
You can watch the jaw-dropping video here:
What other people are reading right now:
- Sheriff: Baby shot and killed, woman arrested
- Looking ahead to our last cold front of the year
- Get cash for your gift card, but don't get swindled
- Coast Guard: Tour helicopter carrying 7 missing in Hawaii
- ‘If I could just save one life’: Woman uses signs to help others get through the holidays
- Restaurant Red Alert: The most shocking reports of 2019