FREMONT, Calif. — It was a case of bad timing for one police officer in California.
One of the Fremont Police Department’s Tesla patrol cars got low on power in the middle of a chase, KPIX said.
KPIX reports the department had said someone had forgotten to plug in the car.
The officer driving the Tesla radioed in and said he was losing power and asked if somebody else could move into the number one spot during the chase, according to KPIX.
The police department said it started a pilot program using these cars earlier this year as a way to cut back on greenhouse gas emissions.
What other people are reading right now:
- Granville Ritchie found guilty of murdering 9-year-old girl
- Alzheimer's trial at USF shows promising results for memory loss reversal
- 'Miracle baby' born after six miscarriages dies after babysitter left her in hot car, parents say
- You could soon stay at a giant space hotel with artificial gravity and sports arenas
- 5 patients receive organ donations from Northeast High School football captain
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter