PHOENIX — An Arizona woman is accused of punching her 7-year-old son for being a bad lookout for his shoplifting grandmother, according to police.
Court documents say Rebecca Gonzales spanked the boy, then slapped him and punched him in the face in the parking lot of a Walmart Friday in Phoenix.
Police said the boy was being used by his grandmother as a lookout as she shoplifted.
"According to the child, he was hit because he didn't watch out for his grandma good enough," the probable cause statement said.
KPHO in Phoenix reported Gonzales was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault
What other people are reading right now:
- Body of missing 5-year-old Illinois boy found, reports say
- Andrew Gillum agrees to pay $5K fine to settle ethics complaint
- Two small children found locked in 'dog-like' crates inside home, deputies say
- Governor orders execution of Florida serial killer Bobby Joe Long
- Rapper Bun B shoots masked burglar who pulled a gun on his wife at their home
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.