SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah man cut his hair for the first time in 15 years and then joined the Army.
Reynaldo Arroyo, 23, enlisted as an infantryman.
"I'm just really excited to be enlisting," he said, in a video posted to the Salt Lake City Army Recruiting Battalion Facebook page.
Arroyo donated the hair to Locks of Love, a non-profit charity based in the United States. The organization accepts donations of human hair and money to make wigs for Canadian and American children in need due to medical conditions that have caused them to lose their hair
"Hopefully some little girl's gonna get it," he said.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man tells investigators his pickup matches deadly hit-and-run description
- 50 firefighters, 11 boats assisting in search for 2 firefighters in Port Canaveral area
- Miami doctor dies after falling from cliff in Spain
- 7th grader donates fair livestock winnings of $15,000 to St. Jude
- Timeline: Michael Drejka’s trial to start in deadly shooting of Markeis McGlockton
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.