“American Sniper” Chris Kyle would have celebrated his 45th birthday Monday.
The Navy SEAL was born on April 8, 1974.
Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield were killed in 2013 at a Texas shooting range. A former Marine was convicted in their deaths and sentenced to prison.
Kyle's autobiography was the basis for the 2014 film "American Sniper," starring Bradley Cooper. Kyle is considered on the U.S. military's most effective snipers in Iraq.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida researchers remove nearly 20-foot-long snake from nature preserve
- Detention deputy fired after slamming inmate to the ground, investigators say
- As 13 people hung on the roof or were inside an SUV, it crashed, killing 1
- They were planning a baby shower. Now they're planning 3 funerals.
- SpaceX's Falcon Heavy set to blast off this week
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.