JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — As we celebrate our nation's birthday this Fourth of July, Winn-Dixie's parent company, Southeastern Grocers, announced a record-breaking donation that will provide hundreds of scholarships for military families.
From May 20 through July 4, a total of $2,324,000 was donated to "Folds of Honor" by in-store and virtual customer donations, along with a $100,000 pledge from the grocer's charitable foundation, the SEG Gives Foundation and a $50,000 donation from the Coca-Cola Company.
Additionally, the SEG Gives Foundation matched contactless donations made to the organization during the nonprofit’s three-day virtual concert series the week of Memorial Day and through the nonprofit’s online employer matching program, up to $100,000.
The money donated to the non-profit will provide more than 450 educational scholarships to military spouses and children of fallen soldiers and disabled service members.
If you'd like to donate to "Folds of Honor", click or tap here.
- Florida confirms 11,458 new coronavirus cases on July 3, breaking its own single-day record
- Deadly amoeba that destroys brain infects person in Hillsborough County, health department warns
- Study reveals which non-medical face masks protect best against spreading coronavirus
- 'Pooled' coronavirus testing would help track the virus, but we may not have the supplies to do it just yet
- Miami-Dade mayor implements countywide curfew due to COVID-19
- Florida reports record 10,109 new coronavirus cases in one day
- Disney World Annual Passholders accidentally charged for months parks were closed for COVID-19
- Everything to know about the new St. Pete Pier opening, including how to get a reservation
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter