PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — So long, Deputy Carmack and K-9 Shep.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office announced late Saturday it no longer will be featured in any new episodes of "Live PD." It had been a fixture of the popular A&E show since late 2017.
In a Facebook post to its fans, the office said they'll continue to highlight its efforts on social media despite no longer being on the show.
"We believe it is time for new agencies to be able to highlight, like we have, the good work their men and women do and, as one of the longest tenured agencies on the show, we believe it is time to move on," the statement reads.
People by and large are disappointed in the announcement, with comments on the post asking the office to reconsider. As the top comment from Kyle Lawrence puts it, "Pasco literally makes Live PD, Live PD."
What other people are reading right now:
- Indian restaurant shut down after city reports large rodent inside
- 5 killed after small plane leaves Tampa, crashes into Lake Okeechobee
- Man assaults girlfriend after finding her with another woman, deputies say
- 20 feet down in Lake Michigan there is a 12 foot tall statue of Christ
- April the Giraffe updates: 'April has profoundly advanced'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.