ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — As presidential campaigning continues, it seems like the attention on our battleground state is not letting up.
Following an appearance from the Democratic presidential nominee himself, Joe Biden's wife, Dr. Jill Biden, will make two stops in Florida on Friday.
Her first stop will be a "Women for Biden" event in Lake Mary starting at 4:15 p.m. before heading right here to Tampa Bay for a "Get Out the Vote Drive-in Rally" in St. Petersburg at 6:40 p.m.
The premise for her visit is to "encourage supporters to make a plan to vote early and to join the campaign in getting out the vote across the state," according to a release.
Jill Biden's visit comes at a time where it appears getting Florida voters' attention is key. As of Oct. 15, just over 2 million mail-in ballots have already been submitted in the state.
What other people are reading right now:
- Amy Coney Barrett back on Capitol Hill for senators' final questions
- Trump, Biden to hold competing town halls instead of debating Oct. 15
- Florida mom accused of killing her son, lying to police sentenced 50 years after pleading guilty
- First Trump, now Biden: As campaigns hit Florida hard, nearly 2 million people have already voted
- Maskless Gov. Ron DeSantis slaps high-fives with people at Trump's Florida rally
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter