LAKELAND, Fla. — Four candidates battled it out to fill the City of Lakeland's District "D" – Southeast commission seat.
Polls for the special election opened at 7 a.m. Tuesday and closed at 7 p.m. Eligible voters also had the option of dropping off their absentee ballots at the newly-installed ballot drop box at City Hall.
Candidates running for election:
- Shandale Terrell - 3,733 votes, 40 percent
- Ken Post - 533 votes, 6 percent
- Steve Frankenberger - 1,967 votes, 21 percent
- Mike Musick - 3,161 votes, 34 percent
You can learn more about each candidate for City Commission through their website and social media pages by clicking here.
What other people are reading right now:
- Piney Point latest: Army Corps of Engineers on-site to help pump water out of the retention pond
- Sore arm after the COVID-19 shot? Here's what it means.
- Florida Democrats demand Rep. Matt Gaetz resign amid FBI probe
- Gov. DeSantis rejects request to have felony charges dropped in voter hacking case
- Piney Point wastewater breach: So, what's in the water?
- Strong demand from younger people as vaccine eligibility age drops to 16
- Gator mating season is upon us: Here's what you need to know
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter