NEW YORK — A federal judge has rejected President Donald Trump's challenge to the release of his tax returns for a New York state criminal probe.
Judge Victor Marrero ruled Monday. He said he cannot endorse such a "categorical and limitless assertion of presidential immunity from judicial process."
The returns had been sought by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. His office is investigating the Trump Organization's involvement in buying the silence of two women who claimed to have had affairs with the president.
Trump's lawyers have said the investigation is politically motivated and that the quest for his tax records should be stopped because he is immune from any criminal probe as long as he is president.
What other people are reading right now:
- Former USF football player Joshua Brown, a witness in the Amber Guyger trial, shot and killed
- Pilot killed in Indiana plane crash identified as Tampa doctor
- Police: Man sprayed wasp spray into officer's face before being shot, killed
- This bar sells drinks by the hour, not the glass
- 2 people shot, killed in Winter Haven
FREE 10NEWS APP: