HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — Florida's Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says its detected red tide in Hillsborough County over the past week.
The agency's weekly update shows low levels of the red tide organism were detected in Hillsborough. Low concentrations are still being detected in Manatee and Sarasota Counties as well.
Fish kills and respiratory irritation caused by red tide were reported in Manatee County, officials say. Sarasota County had received reports of respiratory irritation as well.
There have been no reports of fish kills or respiratory irritation in Hillsborough County.
What other people are reading right now:
- You're vaccinated? Here's why you should still wear a mask
- League of Women Voters, Black Voters Matter sues all 67 counties over new election restrictions
- Gov. Ron DeSantis signs voting restrictions bill into law
- Study estimates there have been twice as many COVID deaths as reported
- Relief on the way for Florida’s hardest-hit restaurants
- Your ultimate Mother's Day gift guide
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter