CANAL POINT, Fla. — A person was airlifted to a hospital after an alligator attack near a wildlife reserve in Florida.
According to 12 News, Martin County Fire Rescue said they found the person in DuPuis Management Area on Saturday morning, a reserve bridging southwestern Martin County and northwestern Palm Beach County.
At first, rescuers weren't been able to locate the person bit after the initial call of an alligator attack came in. The person was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The condition of the person was not immediately known.
It is unclear why the person was in the reserve, but the area is known for recreational activities like hunting, camping, hiking and fishing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Emails reveal calls for Hillsborough commissioner to recuse himself after 10Investigates story
- Suspect in Aniah Blanchard disappearance arrested in Florida
- Chemical mixture at Buffalo Wild Wings kills 1 employee
- Sheriff: Former middle school assistant principal, theme park workers caught in child porn bust
- Thief steals thousands of dollars in gifts from Clearwater couple's wedding
FREE 10NEWS APP: