ORLANDO, Fla. —
A new bar and lounge will open at Disney’s Grand Floridian resort this year and will be inspired by the “magic and romance” of Beauty and the Beast.
A signature bar and cocktail lounge lit up by the glow of a gold chandelier inspired by Belle’s iconic dress will take the space formerly occupied by Mizner’s Lounge and Commander Porter’s shop. The chandelier even has subtle nods to the Beast’s rose.
Elsewhere, a formal library will have “classical baroque designs,” French furnishings and nods to the inhabitants of Beast’s castle. The garden room is inspired by the enchanted forest around the castle, and an outdoor patio will feature nods to the castle’s garden terrace.
Disney didn’t announce an opening date for the new bar but said it’s coming to the Grand Floridian in the fall.
What other people are reading right now:
- Fire breaks out at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris
- Maine Marine shot and killed by fellow Marine on South Carolina base
- Family mourning woman and her daughters killed in domestic violence shooting
- USF police lip-sync their way to national TV
- Florida man sprays woman with squirt gun full of his own urine, police say
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.