TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Almost two days after authorities began searching for a missing 13-year-old boy, family members say his body has been found, WTXL-TV reports.
Darius Swain, 13, was reported missing Friday before his body was found behind a Walmart on Tennessee Street, a family member told the station.
Tallahassee Police Department tweeted that it was conducting a death investigation in the area where "one male juvenile was found."
At this time, investigators have not released an identity but are working to positively identify the body. Authorities do not suspect any foul play, WCTV-TV reports.
Swain was last seen Friday, July 23, near Nekoma Court and Blountstown Street, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement reported. The FDLE still has an active missing child alert in effect for his disappearance.
Tallahassee investigators ask anyone who may have witnessed the incident to call TPD at 850-891-4200 or remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 850-574-TIPS.
- 'It’s been an honor': Chief Brian Dugan announces his retirement from Tampa Police Department
- Sheriff: Inmate who escaped work camp captured
- Man accused of shooting family member at Spring Hill BioSpine
- Eating fresh fish and seafood during red tide: Is it safe?
- Red tide at the beach: See the latest conditions
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter