PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. — Authorities say a 3-year-old boy fell nine stories from a condominium balcony in the Florida Panhandle and later died.
Television station WJHG-TV reports that the boy was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead Saturday after falling from the ninth floor of a condominium building in Panama City Beach.
Panama City Beach Police Department officials tell WJHG that the boy was visiting with his family from Midway, Ohio. The boy's identity wasn't immediately released.
Police officials didn't respond to a phone message seeking more information on Sunday afternoon.
- Tropical wave could become a cyclone by the time it reaches Florida
- Florida trooper, 23, accused of having a sexual relationship with an underage teen
- Police search for 2-year-old Oregon boy after parents died in apparent murder-suicide in Montana
- Missing, endangered Florida man needs his medication
- 25 arrests made during online predator, human trafficking sting in Sarasota
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.