CRESTVIEW, Fla. — Florida authorities say a 13-year-old Tennessee boy charged with stabbing his brother told investigators he'd rather go to jail than spend 8 hours in the car with his sibling.
Deputies with the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office arrested the boy Saturday and charged him with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Investigators say he stabbed his 15-year-old brother in the arm three times with a pocket knife.
As he was being questioned about the incident, he said he understood his rights and that he didn't regret stabbing his brother, who had been teasing him. Deputies say the boy told them, "I'd rather be in jail than eight hours in the car with him."
The boys live in Clarksville, Tennessee, northwest of Nashville.
What other people are reading right now:
- Powerful 7.1 magnitude earthquake shakes southern California
- Officers stand guard over ice cream following Blue Bell licking video
- St. Petersburg police identify teen whose body was found surrounded by alligators
- Hillsborough County animal shelter waives adoption fees through the weekend
- Watermelon festival, powerboat races, Etsy craft party: 10 things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.