TAMPA, Fla. — The Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday starts Friday, May 31 and goes through Thursday, June 6, 2019. During this time, people can get qualifying items related to disaster preparedness sales tax-free.
The list of items that qualify include: Reusable ice that is $10 or less, candles, flashlights, lanterns that are $20 or less, fuel containers under $25, batteries, coolers, ice chests under $30, bungee cords, ground anchor systems, radios, ratchet straps, tarps, plastic sheets under $50 and portable generators that are $750 or less.
We checked discount blogs and weekly ads for additional coupons on the items that qualified but couldn’t find any.
However, if you sign up for the Target, Walmart, Lowe’s or Home Depot credit cards a discount usually comes with that. If that’s not something you’re comfortable with, you can always download the store app to scan at checkout to check for deals. You can also download coupon apps: Ibotta, Checkout 51, SavingStar, RetailMeNot and SnipSnap. They are all free and to the homework for you. Just remember, you should not pay for coupons.
“We never know when a bad hurricane will come again, you just want to be prepared. These are items we should have at all times when living in a place that gets hurricanes,” Home Depot employee Lloyd Urquhard, said.
Here’s a link to more info on the sales tax holiday.
What other people are reading right now:
- Missing Utah girl's body found buried less than a block from her home
- Scary video captures shark as it gets closer and closer to swimmer at Panama City Beach
- Divers accidentally stumble upon 19th century shipwreck in the Gulf of Mexico
- 'Just praying. I'm speechless.' | Batter breaks down after his line drive hits little girl
- No license needed: Go saltwater fishing this Saturday and Sunday in Florida
►Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.