MIAMI — The Coast Guard is searching for a 37-year-old man who fell overboard from the cruise ship Carnival Victory on Thursday.
The man fell off the ship about 30 miles northwest of Cuba, according to the Coast Guard.
The ship was on its way back to Miami after a four-day cruise, WPEC said.
Coast Guard 7th District watchstanders received a report from the Carnival Victory that a crewmember fell overboard. Watchstanders launched a Coast Guard Air Station Miami HC-144 Ocean Sentry airplane crew and diverted the Coast Guard Cutter Charles Sexton (WPC-1108) crew to search.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10News for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man pretending to be a cop pulls over real deputy, sheriff's office says
- 2 toddlers critically burned when road rage shooting sets off fireworks in truck
- Woman licking Blue Bell ice cream could face up to 20 years in prison
- Billionaire Chris Cline among 7 killed in helicopter crash off the Bahamas
- What your car's air recirculation button really does
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.