ORANGE COUNTY, Fla — Update: According to the arrest affidavit, deputies found a brand new American flag thrown on the side of the William Steven Knight's body. Witnesses told detectives he was arguing with Mason Trever Toney over politics. According to detectives, the witnesses said Knight was a supporter of President Trump, and Toney believed the government was "bad and out to get him." The witnesses told detectives that Toney called them "terrorists" as he drove away.
Original story below:
A man accused of stabbing his employer to death at a construction site along the Florida Turnpike is in police custody after being on the run a short time.
Someone called 911 earlier Monday morning, sending Orange County deputies to the Florida Turnpike construction site.
They arrived at exit 254 near Orlando around 10:45 a.m. and found 28-year-old William Steven Knight suffering from stab wounds.
According to the sheriff’s office, paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Mason Trever Toney, 28, is accused of killing Knight. He was on the run a short time but was taken into custody last night.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'He died protecting his family' | Coach and father of three stabbed to death in home while son was there
- Police: Baby found in stroller next to woman passed out on sidewalk
- Family says cat was accidentally euthanized during routine vet visit
- 10Weather Alert: Freeze Watch issued for 2 Nature Coast counties
- Gasparilla Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2020 pirate festival
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower