MIAMI-DADE, Fla. — UPDATE (11:36 a.m. Thursday): Jason Revis has been captured, according to the Florida Department of Corrections.
Law enforcement officials are searching for an inmate who allegedly escaped Thursday morning from a Miami-Dade prison.
The Florida Department of Corrections said Jason Revis wasn't in his dorm at the Dade Correctional Institution.
Revis is serving a 40-year prison sentence for lewd and lascivious molestation of a victim younger than 12.
The FDC said a "large-scale search effort" is now underway. The department has since contacted all state and local law enforcement agencies to assist.
Revis, 37, has brown eyes and short brown hair. He is 5’ 11”, 181 pounds, and has a scar on his head. He also has tattoos on his left arm & shoulder & right arm.
The FDC said if anyone sees Revis, do not approach him but call 911 immediately. The department said residents near the Dade Correctional Institution should "exercise caution."
What other people are reading right now:
- Convicted child molester who escaped from Florida prison captured in Miami-Dade
- Mother arrested after daughter licks tongue depressor, puts it back at Jacksonville doctor's office
- Dolphin found impaled in the head in South Florida
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he's facing criminal charges
- Fecal pollution puts Tampa area beaches under 'health advisory'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.