WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A Delta flight from West Palm Beach to New York LaGuardia had to land at New York's JFK after a mechanical issue Monday evening.
Forty-three customers were on board Flight 1076. The jet landed safely, and nobody was hurt.
It was first reported that a bird caused the damage to the aircraft, but the airline says the plane encountered a storm and sustained hail damage to its nose.
The airline says the plane will be out of service for a few days for repairs.
- Florida reports another 7,347 COVID-19 cases, record positivity rate
- Police: Human head found by jogger in St. Petersburg
- Graves may be under Tropicana Field, mayor's office says
- New hurricane season forecast predicts 20 named storms, 9 hurricanes
- Police: 7-year-old Florida boy dies after being shot
- Doctors rank which activities create the most risk for getting COVID-19
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter