PUNTA GORDA, Fla. — A Florida man was arrested Tuesday after deputies say he had a live alligator in a cooler in his truck bed.
Charlotte County deputies said Christopher Lacy was pulled over for an "obscured tag violation." Deputies said there was also a man standing up in the truck's bed while it was moving.
Deputies said they got consent to search the truck and in the truck bed found a white cooler with a small alligator inside. Lacy told deputies he caught the gator in a ditch on Green Gulf Boulevard in Charlotte County, according to an arrest affidavit.
Lacy also told deputies he doesn't have a license to trap or possess gators, the report states.
Lacy was charged with taking and possession of alligators and violation of probation.
- Cops: Mom of 3-year-old who fell into Tim Hortons grease trap and died couldn't find child care
- Spear impales Florida woman and kills her. Her boyfriend is accused of murder.
- Florida dad accused of throwing 5-year-old son into ocean to 'teach him to swim'
- Child loses both parents in one night following SWAT call
- 2 people killed, dozens injured after carnival ride suddenly snaps in half
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.