LOXAHATCHEE GROVES, Fla. — More than a month after Hurricane Dorian hit the Bahamas, a miracle has been found in the rubble.
On Friday, a heat-seeking drone being used by Big Dog Ranch out of Loxahatchee Groves found an emaciated dog buried under the rubble in Marsh Harbor.
The dog, now named Miracle, was trapped under a broken air conditioner.
In the video you see below, Miracle was extremely emaciated and weak when found, but immediately ate some food a rescuer gave him.
“What an incredible story that we were able to discover this dog alive after being trapped for so long. We are using the latest technology for our recovery teams to locate these animals. In this case, drones played a key role," said Big Dog Ranch Rescue Founder and President Lauree Simmons.
To date, Big Dog Ranch has saved 138 dogs from the Bahamas.
Several of the dogs are from homes in Marsh Harbor where they were separated as their families evacuated.
What other people are reading right now:
- Former USF football player Joshua Brown, a witness in the Amber Guyger trial, shot and killed
- Police: Man turns himself in after two women found dead in Winter Haven home
- Pilot killed in Indiana plane crash identified as Tampa doctor
- 1.1 million folding knives recalled after failing to lock, cutting people
- New drink guidelines for young children