TAMPA, Fla. — A Tampa man was arrested early Monday after troopers say he was drunk when he drove a Jaguar into a hotel building.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, Kevin Green, 40, was driving east on the I-4 exit ramp to State Road 574 when he lost control of his 2015 Jaguar XF. Troopers say his car left the road, went into a ditch and then continued through a chain-link fence before crashing into the Fairfield Inn & Suites on Lakeview Center Drive.
FHP says Green ran away from the scene but was arrested a short time later and taken to jail.
Green is charged with DUI with property damage and leaving the scene of a crash.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man tells investigators his pickup matches deadly hit-and-run description
- 50 firefighters, 11 boats assisting in search for 2 firefighters in Port Canaveral area
- Miami doctor dies after falling from cliff in Spain
- 7th grader donates fair livestock winnings of $15,000 to St. Jude
- Timeline: Michael Drejka’s trial to start in deadly shooting of Markeis McGlockton
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.